There are several opportunities for learning and sharing in OMUG
- The Reflector: OMUG Members are automatically subscribed to and able to use the ‘Reflector’, our on-line email forum for asking questions about computers and related technologies. Members will also receive periodic emails through the Reflector relevant to our organization and our ongoing activities. The Reflector uses the Google Group platform, but you do NOT have to have a Google account to participate. It’s a great place to ask questions and receive answers from others who may have solved the problem you’re wrestling with.The email address for the Reflector is: email@example.com
If you have any problems with the Reflector, please notify Deb Jaqua (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): https://olymug.org/omug-sigs/
- Join our Computer MeetUp for regular reminder of meetings and events: http://www.meetup.com/Olympia-Computers-Meetup/ Just click the Join button, and use your email address.
- General meetings (held on the 2nd Thursday of most months) and Special Events, such as the Annual Picnic in the summer.
Reflector details and Reflector Use Guidelines:
- Please sign your message, and keep your signature short. Include your email address so that folks can contact you personally.
- While the Reflector’s platform allows us to embed images in Reflector emails, please use this feature judiciously because some email programs have difficulty with images. Images also make an email have a larger file size. Reducing the size of your messages will reduce difficulties in displaying information.
- Please be respectful to others while using the reflector. If you have an ‘issue’ with something someone has written, correspond with them privately, not to the whole list. Look for their email address in the signature, or in the addresses at the top of the email.
- The purpose of the reflector is to share information about computers and computer use only. Other issues are off topic. Email someone specifically if you wish to discuss something personal with them.
- If you wish to OptOut/unsubscribe from the email list, there is an unsubscribe address at the bottom of each email from the reflector. Just click that, and you will be unsubscribed.
- Remember OMUG is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group. As such we are prohibited from certain activities. Our Webmaster has requested that all political discussions not be aired on the Reflector. Please honor this request. We do not want to jeopardize our IRS status.
Please remember to send email changes to our database manager, Gary Garrety, at email@example.com and to our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org